This post is a day late because when I went to critique Alexandra's blog, I realized she was no longer posting. I emailed her and discovered she has a new blog address. So, now that I can get you there, go check out Alexandra Elizabeth. Then meet below.
I know. It's lovely. There's not much to say. It's clean, well organized, beautiful colors, beautiful fonts, great depth, easy to follow links, front and center profile - seriously, well done.
I do have some suggestions, Alexandra, but they are really minor. Still, here they are:
- Joe, our graphic designer, suggests that the site would be easier on the eyes if the header background color extended down to the posts. Personally, I think I like that it's a different color, but I do think the sidebar should be differentiated in color from the posts.
- Joe also suggests that you keep the width of the sidebar at the top the same all the way down past the menu bar.
- The line that separates the sidebar from the posts should be thicker and continue down the page.
- Some of the pictures you use in your posts are on the small side. Don't be afraid to go big. Sometimes you don't use pics at all, but I think it's best when you do.
- I think your partners logos should have space between them. Right now they're all bunched together and it's hard to distinguish one from another.
- Repeat your name in your profile. Otherwise I might assume Alexandra is your daughter.
- I really want a search box. I use them ALL THE TIME on blogs. Just a suggestion...
- Sometimes you don't have spaces between paragraphs. Like on your About page. These bother me. Try to consistently separate them - it makes it easier for readers.
- Your About page mentions "Mommy Glow" - wasn't that the name of your old blog location? Are you losing that title now? If so, revise your About page. (I realize you just moved and you're probably still cleaning up, but just thought I'd mention it.)
Alright, that's all I got. Beautiful blog. It seems you've already gotten some good exposure - featured in Jet magazine? Nice. Has that impacted your traffic? Just curious. Good job! Keep it up!
Lovely blog readers, do you have any other suggestions for Alexandra?