Wow, it feels like I haven't done this in months and it's only been a little over a week. How was your break? Mine was fabulous! Except that I'm tired of my kids being home and am enjoying the idea of getting back into a routine. And so here we go with our first blog critique of 2012 - Lindsey Bell. Take a look and come on back.
Okay, I have to say, I love it. You don't appear to be blogging for authors, but you still blogs seriously. Here's a few things I love most:
- Your name is in your title.
- Your subtitle explains your blog message.
- The navigation is easy to read.
- The header is very attractive.
- Your profile is up top and easy to see (though I would like it above the social media icons)
- It's easy on the eyes.
- You have a contact me area.
- You use pictures.
- You have connections to your writing.
- You say when you post.
- And you stick to it pretty well.
Just a few little things to think about:
- Joe suggests you use a picture in each and every post since it is really the only color in your palette. Plus, they pop really well and draw attention.
- Move your followers up under your profile. It is easy to follow you, but let us know how important we are.
- In what direction are you going with your blog? Are you hoping to eventually attract authors or potential readers? I think you have a good solid message and your posts are consistent, but your contests to attract more readers makes me wonder exactly who you hope to draw to your blog. If you are hoping to draw Christian, stay-at-home-moms then you have a good start and we might be able to brainstorm some other ways to draw readers. But you are already an agented writer and may be seeking a different audience. If you are, then you may need to rethink your blog posts.
What are your thoughts, my dear readers? And what have you all been up to this holiday season? I've missed you tons!