Friday, June 24, 2011

Facebook Friday: Embrace the Face


Here it is: the First Facebook Friday!!

Suggestion: Start a Facebook page

If you already do, great. If you don't, I'm telling you to embrace Facebook. 80% of all adults are on the internet. 86% of people ages 18-29 use Facebook. 61% of ages 30-49 are on Facebook. Even more kids are on even though the minimum age requirement for FB is 13.

If you aren't on Facebook, you are missing your audience.

Don't wait until you get an agent to open an FB account. I currently have 407 FB friends. That's 407 people I can immediately market to when I need to. I know someone who wrote an amazing manuscript, had agents fighting over her, and then started her FB account. When her book got accepted for publication, she had less than 50 friends to share the news with. Sure, she's still building up her friends and has tons of time before book release, but so do I. I have a huge headstart.

If there's any social media marketing advice you take, please, be on Facebook. (I know I'm probably preaching to the choir, but just in case there's any hold-outs reading this, this post is for them.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You can choose to comment as a guest or use any of the other login options available after you hit "Post As". Thanks for contributing to the conversation :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...