I postponed Monday's blog critique so I could announce winners yesterday, but no worries - we still have one this week. Since we're already a day late, let's jump right in. Go on over to Daisy Carter's blog Fresh as a Daisy and we'll discuss below.
Okay, are you back? Then let's discuss.
Daisy, your blog is perfect. Seriously. It's beautiful.
- Your palette is divine. I love the colors and the way you use them. I could stare at your blog for a long time.
- You have depth and relevant information on your pages.
- You have a contact me page.
- You don't have samples of your writing, but you're on submission which puts you in a different ballgame.
- Your profile info is high on the sidebar.
- You stick to your blogging schedule.
- You use pictures in your posts which are very thoughtful and interesting to read.
- What else can I say? You should include a picture of you somewhere. I don't have the percentages in front of me right now - they're sitting on my desk at one of my client offices - but faces attract people to read the information more than images without them. And we want to know what you look like.
- I also personally prefer changing the "Link Within" option to 5 instead of 3 - it fills the page better.
- Visit lots of blogs. Follow blogs. Make comments.
- Stalk followers - find blogs you want to emulate, click on those followers and invite them to follow you. Or just comment on their blogs to attract them.
- Join blogfests.
- Hold contests (like you are now!) and encourage people to tweet/blog about you as part of their entry.
- Be genuine.