Isn't that lame?
I know, it totally is. But this blog is really about building MY platforms and recording it and my advice as I go along my journey. Most of the time I tell you about something I am also just implementing it myself. Other times I realize I need to be doing such and such, but for some reason am not able to implement it in my life yet, so instead I just share it with you. And some times I know that a particular tool or technique is not for me, but it may be for one of you so I post that.
Here's some examples of things I think I need to do differently:
- my font consistency is lacking - in interviews I copy and paste whatever the interviewee used and don't make it my default font
- I need to have About Me and Sample Chapters of my books on other pages
- I should tweet more
- I should comment on more of the blogs I read
- I should respond to more of the comments on my blog
- my posts should be shorter
- I don't have an FB author page or use my personal page for all the writer things I should/could
- my blog template doesn't really say much about my writing (though it does speak to my personality)
- more things, but now I'm starting to feel defeated so I'll just stop
In short, I'm at a place in my writing where my main focus is on my first draft of my current manuscript. I'm also really occupied with being a mom. I'm not ashamed of those things, but sometimes my marketing suffers. That's just a fact. It's ok. But I hope that when you are searching for examples for your own platform building you look to my words not my actions. And be proud of the good things you do with your online media presence - don't dwell on the things you feel are lacking.
What do you think you should be doing that you aren't?