Wanna know how it's done? Then you must check out Janet Sumner Johnson's blog, the subject of today's critique. Yes, go now! We'll discuss below.
Oh, Janet, you do everything right. Let's break it down:
- Your name is in your title. Sweet!
- Your profile is high and visible
- It's easy to navigate
- Your background color is not too busy, but it gives visual interest
- It is mega easy to become a follower
- You tell me when you post (Mondays and Thursdays) and...
- ...it's not too much or too little
- You blog on topic
- I know what your topic is
- You tell me about your writing
- You have an "About Me" page
- You make it easy for me to contact you
- You have an easy to read, non-cluttered format
- You have a search box on your blog
- You have your blog linked up in your profile
- Your blog posts are not too long
- You give your readers a prompt to urge comments
- You respond to comments
- You tell us why you when you don't comment
- You use pictures in your posts
- You have important info in your sidebar (contest end dates, current polls)
And I discovered all of this after only three minutes on your blog. That means I didn't have to search, everything was easy to find. I sincerely have nothing more to say, which is truly a first. Okay, some people may not like the red, but you're never going to please everyone.
Surely a reader out there must have some advice for Janet? Please share your thoughts!