The benefit: say you want to post something on your FB page that you only want certain people to see. You can choose which people see your posts (I show you how here) but that can be time consuming if you have a large group of people you want to select. Having a list makes it easy to choose the same large group of people over and over.
On your FB profile page.
1. On the left under your profile pic, click on "Friends".
2. Click on the "Edit Friends" button on the right hand side.
3. Select "Create a List".
4. Name your list in the box that says "Enter a List Name."
5. Select the people you want on your list.
6. Select Create List.
If you want to create your list based on interest or location or group, etc., do steps 1-3 above, then:
4. Select the "All Friends" tab. (It might say "Recently Interacted").
5. Choose the category you want from there. (SHOWN BELOW)
You can create several lists. Some ideas:
- Writer Friends
- Crit Partners
Have fun making different lists and posting selectively. Really great tool.
Are you using Facebook Lists? How do you use them? Any ideas you can share with us to use them better?