Google Documents allows you to create and edit documents online. Here's the highlights:
- It's online. This is really the best thing about Google docs. You can upload your word processing document or spreadsheet to Google Docs and then anywhere you have internet, there's your document. I love this. I use it for lots of items I want to keep with me always.
- Sharing. If you are collaborating on anything, this is the way to go. Say you want to work on a project with someone in another location. You can both edit your document in REAL TIME. You can see changes as the other person types. I used Google Docs last year for a class project. So much easier than emailing back and forth.
- Privacy. Even though you can share your docs, you don't have to.
- Documents can be created or uploaded. Either start your documents from scratch in Google Docs, or you can upload a word or excel sheet that you've already created.
- Publishing. You can easily publish your documents to your website or blog. Or email as an attachment.
- Thousands of templates available. Here's some examples: calendars, family budget, contact forms for websites, resumes, presentations, schedules, calculators, surveys, the list goes on.
- It's free. No explanation necessary.
There's more. Seriously. Take a tour and find out yourself.
Do you use Google Docs? Do you think it could be useful? Do you love Google as much as I do?